We assign particular importance to respecting your privacy and give due consideration to the confidentiality of the information you provide to us. MOVE & RENT undertakes to comply with all regulations relating to the protection of personal data and privacy.
About MOVE & RENT
MOVE & RENT operates as a short- or long-term turnkey rental company for furniture, household appliances and electronic multimedia products for private individuals and professionals (hereinafter the "Services"). Our offices and premises are located in France. MOVE & RENT's headquarters are located at 48 Boulevard de l’Université in SAINT-NAZAIRE (44600) FRANCE.
Our commitment to privacy
Personal data we collect
- If you use our Website, we may collect and store your personal data (which may include your name, email address, address, telephone number(s), financial/banking details, NI number, social network(s), login ID, etc.) both in connection with your personal and professional life in various ways: data that you provide us with by completing an online form, or similar, in order to enable us to provide our Services, or at the time of registration on the Website;
- The data you provide to us by contacting us with a question regarding information on our Website or Services, by reporting a problem to us or by initiating communication with us in writing;
- The data you provide to us at the time of registration relating to the receipt of information or services, via our Website or a professional or non-professional social network (such as Facebook, Linkedin, Viadeo, Twitter etc);
- Data relating to the way you access our Website, your activities on the Website and the sources you consult.
Use of the data
MOVE & RENT will use your personal data in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was provided or collected. We will use your personal data to:
- market\sell to you and inform you about our Services;
- process orders for Services that you place with us (in particular, but not exclusively: order registration, payment on one or more occasions, in such cases via SEPA direct debit, interaction with you regarding your orders, discount codes and other loyalty programs, delivery, product returns, possible disputes);
- monitor the performance of the Services, such as customer service or the resolution of any difficulties you may encounter in your experience with the Website or our Services;
- customise the Website based on your previous visits or to recommend certain products;
- communicate with you by any means;
- inform you of any additional services related to the Services that we can provide to you or do provide to you;
- comply with requirements resulting from legislation or a court decision and
- for administrative purposes
We may share non-personalised, aggregated (collective) statistical data relating to visits to our Website.
Disclosure of personal data
We may need to disclose your personal data to our suppliers, representatives or subcontractors where necessary to perform our services or to comply with our other obligations. These third party service providers may use your personal data to provide or facilitate the provision of our services. If we disclose your personal data to persons outside MOVE & RENT, we will appropriately limit, if necessary, the ability of third parties to use and disclose such personal data and we will require such third party(ies) to comply with data protection principles similar to those applied by MOVE & RENT.
With respect to the recipients of your personal data in connection with the processing of your order and the Services, we transmit data to certain service providers specialising in (a) bank transaction services, e.g. banks and payment service providers, (b) after-sales services, such as authorised repair centres, and (c) the provision of guarantee or insurance products, e.g. insurance companies or insurance brokers.
If necessary, any data transfer will be carried out by MOVE & RENT in strict compliance with the regulations in force. This transfer is necessary in order to pursue, exclusively, the purposes defined in our Policy.
This communication may take place to both (i) organisations or institutions with responsibilities related to the purposes of processing your personal data, (ii) service providers, subcontractors or suppliers, and\or (iii) to our current or prospective customers.
We make every effort to protect the personal data in our possession against: loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and deletion. However, Internet usage itself is not invulnerable to any breach and where this is the case, whenever that actions beyond our control affect your personal data, we cannot accept responsibility for them.
Storing your data
MOVE & RENT archives records for as long as we believe it takes to provide the services in accordance with legislative, tax and accounting requirements. As soon as we no longer need your data, we will securely delete it.
Cookies and consent
A cookie is a text file that requires your consent before it can be downloaded to your computer's hard drive. When you grant your consent (or your browser automatically grants consent when you have suitably configured it) your browser saves this text to a small file. Cookies help to analyse website visits and inform the site administrator when you visit a particular page. Cookies collect information about how users use the site, for example, which pages they visit most often and whether error messages on the Website are displayed. These cookies do not collect information identifying the visitor. The cookies used on this Website have been configured by MOVE & RENT or its external partners.
Some of the cookies used are called "session cookies" and are only saved during your visit to the site and are automatically deleted at the end of the visit. Permanent cookies are also saved on your system for a certain period of time after you have finished visiting the Website.
The cookies we use on the Website fall into different categories:
1. Mandatory cookies.
These cookies are necessary for you to be able to browse the site and use its functions. If you delete or block these cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access our Website or benefit from all our security measures.
2. Performance cookies
Performance cookies collect analytical information about how visitors use our Website. They make it possible to distinguish and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate on our Website. For example, we use them to analyse visitors' use of our Website and record any errors that appear.
Performance cookies do not collect any data that could identify you.
3. Functional cookies
We use these cookies to provide you with services or store your preferences, to be able to adapt site content for you (for example, by storing your language preferences or your geographical location). We use this data to adapt our site to match your preferences regarding content appearance, font size, etc.
You can administer these cookies in your browser's configuration. But if you block them, it will no longer be possible to offer you the services you have selected.
4. Targeting cookies
These cookies record the fact that you have visited our Website, including the pages you have visited and the links you have clicked on. We use this information to tailor our Website to your interests.
We assure you that all direct communication will be in accordance with these privacy principles and your preferences for receiving the direct marketing communications you have indicated.
You can administer these cookies in your browser's configuration. However, if you block them, it will no longer be possible to offer you full functionality on our Website.
Most browsers allow cookies at their initial configuration level, but it is possible to change this configuration, in general, at the browser menu item level, such as "Options" or "Preferences".
You can block all cookies from any Website by adjusting your browser configuration\preferences, which allows you to refuse to store all or some of the cookies. However, if you block all cookies, you may no longer be able to access our Website or parts of it. You can also use the browser configuration\preferences to delete cookies. For more information on how to block cookies in your browser, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to other sites/links from other sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Other websites may also contain links to our Website. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of these websites.
Questions and obtaining a copy of your personal data
If you wish to obtain a copy of your stored personal data, if you want to check, correct, update or delete your personal data, please contact our Personal Data Department in writing, marked “For the attention of the Data Protection Officer”, at our registered head office address as indicated above, and attach proof, such as a copy of your valid passport or ID Card, of your identity.
Policy Alterations and Amendments
This Policy was last updated on 06.09.2021.